Limited Clients. Proven Results.
Stiefvater Law, LLC limits the number of clients to ensure that each speeding ticket case we accept gets the attention it requires. We believe that the defense of speeding tickets requires attention and care to the specific facts and circumstances. By limiting the number of clients whose cases we take, we have achieved results that lead to referrals from both former clients as well as other law firms. Talk to a South Russell Speeding Ticket Lawyer today.
Results Driven South Russell Speeding Ticket Defense Attorneys
Avoid costly points on your driving record! In South Russell, Ohio, most speeding tickets and other traffic violations result in a minimum of 2 points and a maximum of 6 points on your driving record. Besides the fact that points will typically result in higher insurance costs, your license will be suspended once you receive 12 points.
The Speeding Ticket Attorneys at Stiefvater Law will fight your case and avoid costly points on your license. Call now for a free consultation.
Speeding Ticket Points in South Russell, Ohio
Most often, the largest concern of our speeding ticket clients is avoiding points on their license or driving record. The points you receive on your license vary depending on your specific circumstances. For example, if you get a speeding ticket and are convicted for speeding:
Over 10 MPH when the posted speed limit is 55 MPH or more, a conviction will result in 2 points on your driving record.
Contact a Speeding Ticket Defense Lawyer in South Russell today to find out what we can do for you.
Speeding Ticket Penalties South Russell
When people think of speeding tickets, they typically consider a fine and points as the only penalty they face. Unfortunately, many cities have their own code or local laws. These local laws or ordinances often make seemingly minor speeding tickets a much more serious offense.
For example, a speeding ticket under the Ohio Revised Code is typically a minor misdemeanor. This means that a conviction results in a fine and (often) points on your driving record. Under many local codes, the penalties for the same offense are considered as a much higher degree misdemeanor. These speeding tickets written as higher degree misdemeanors actually expose the you to higher fines and even a potential jail sentence!
Beware of Increased Speeding Ticket Penalties
A typical speeding ticket under state law is a minor misdemeanor. A state code minor misdemeanor has a maximum fine of $150 and no possibility of jail. The local codes that label the same speeding offense as a higher misdemeanor carry more severe penalties, including the possibility of jail. For Example:
First Degree Misdemeanor
Fine up to $1,000 and a jail sentence up to 180 days.
Call the Speeding Ticket Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Speeding Ticket Defense Lawyers in South Russell, Ohio, 44022.
Ohio Revised Code Chapter 4511 governs the operation of motor vehicles. Below is an excerpt from the ORC:
It is prima-facie lawful, in the absence of a lower limit declared or established pursuant to this section by the director of transportation or local authorities, for the operator of a motor vehicle, trackless trolley, or streetcar to operate the same at a speed not exceeding the following:
(2) Twenty-five miles per hour in all other portions of a municipal corporation, except on state routes outside business districts, through highways outside business districts, and alleys;
(3) Thirty-five miles per hour on all state routes or through highways within municipal corporations outside business districts, except as provided in divisions (B)(4) and (6) of this section;
(4) Fifty miles per hour on controlled-access highways and expressways within municipal corporations;
(5) Fifty-five miles per hour on highways outside municipal corporations, other than highways within island jurisdictions as provided in division (B)(8) of this section, highways as provided in divisions (B)(9) and (10) of this section, and highways, expressways, and freeways as provided in divisions (B)(13), (14), (15), and (17) of this section;
(6) Fifty miles per hour on state routes within municipal corporations outside urban districts unless a lower prima-facie speed is established as further provided in this section;
(7) Fifteen miles per hour on all alleys within the municipal corporation;
(8) Thirty-five miles per hour on highways outside municipal corporations that are within an island jurisdiction;
(9) Thirty-five miles per hour on through highways, except state routes, that are outside municipal corporations and that are within a national park with boundaries extending through two or more counties;
(10) Sixty miles per hour on two-lane state routes outside municipal corporations as established by the director under division (H)(2) of this section;
(11) Fifty-five miles per hour at all times on freeways with paved shoulders inside municipal corporations, other than freeways as provided in divisions (B)(15) and (17) of this section;
(12) Fifty-five miles per hour at all times on freeways outside municipal corporations, other than freeways as provided in divisions (B)(15) and (17) of this section;
(13) Sixty miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle at all times on all portions of rural divided highways;
(14) Sixty-five miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle at all times on all rural expressways without traffic control signals;
(15) Seventy miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle at all times on all rural freeways;
(16) Fifty-five miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle at all times on all portions of freeways in congested areas as determined by the director and that are part of the interstate system and are located within a municipal corporation or within an interstate freeway outerbelt;
(17) Sixty-five miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle at all times on all portions of freeways in urban areas as determined by the director and that are part of the interstate system and are part of an interstate freeway outerbelt.
Zip Codes in South Russell, Ohio: 44022