Limited Clients. Proven Results.
Stiefvater Law, LLC limits the number of clients to ensure that each speeding ticket case we accept gets the attention it requires. We believe that the defense of speeding tickets requires attention and care to the specific facts and circumstances. By limiting the number of clients whose cases we take, we have achieved results that lead to referrals from both former clients as well as other law firms. Talk to a Camden Speeding Ticket Attorney today.
Results Driven Camden Speeding Ticket Lawyers
Avoid costly points on your driving record! In Camden, Ohio, most speeding tickets and other traffic violations result in a minimum of 2 points and a maximum of 6 points on your driving record. Besides the fact that points will typically result in higher insurance costs, your license will be suspended once you receive 12 points.
The Speeding Ticket Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law will fight your case and avoid costly points on your license. Call now for a free consultation.
Speeding Ticket Points in Camden, Ohio
Most often, the largest concern of our speeding ticket clients is avoiding points on their license or driving record. The points you receive on your license vary depending on your specific circumstances. For example, if you get a speeding ticket and are convicted for speeding:
Over 5 MPH when the posted speed limit is less than 55 MPH, a conviction will result in 2 points on your driving record.
Contact a Speeding Ticket Lawyer in Camden today to find out what we can do for you.
Speeding Ticket Penalties Camden
When people think of speeding tickets, they typically consider a fine and points as the only penalty they face. Unfortunately, many cities have their own code or local laws. These local laws or ordinances often make seemingly minor speeding tickets a much more serious offense.
For example, a speeding ticket under the Ohio Revised Code is typically a minor misdemeanor. This means that a conviction results in a fine and (often) points on your driving record. Under many local codes, the penalties for the same offense are considered as a much higher degree misdemeanor. These speeding tickets written as higher degree misdemeanors actually expose the you to higher fines and even a potential jail sentence!
Beware of Increased Speeding Ticket Penalties
A typical speeding ticket under state law is a minor misdemeanor. A state code minor misdemeanor has a maximum fine of $150 and no possibility of jail. The local codes that label the same speeding offense as a higher misdemeanor carry more severe penalties, including the possibility of jail. For Example:
First Degree Misdemeanor
Fine up to $1,000 and a jail sentence up to 180 days.
Call the Speeding Ticket Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Speeding Ticket Lawyers in Camden, Ohio, 44049.
Ohio Revised Code Chapter 4511 governs the operation of motor vehicles. Below is an excerpt from the ORC:
A court shall assess the following points for an offense based on the following formula:
(1) Aggravated vehicular homicide, vehicular homicide, vehicular manslaughter, aggravated vehicular assault, or vehicular assault when the offense involves the operation of a vehicle, streetcar, or trackless trolley on a highway or street - 6 points
(2) A violation of section 2921.331 of the Revised Code or any ordinance prohibiting the willful fleeing or eluding of a law enforcement officer - 6 points
(3) A violation of section 4549.02 or 4549.021 of the Revised Code or any ordinance requiring the driver of a vehicle to stop and disclose identity at the scene of an accident - 6 points
(4) A violation of section 4511.251 of the Revised Code or any ordinance prohibiting street racing - 6 points
(5) A violation of section 4510.037 of the Revised Code or any ordinance prohibiting the operation of a motor vehicle while the driver's or commercial driver's license is under a twelve-point suspension - 6 points
(6) A violation of section 4510.14 of the Revised Code, or any ordinance prohibiting the operation of a motor vehicle upon the public roads or highways within this state while the driver's or commercial driver's license of the person is under suspension and the suspension was imposed under section 4511.19, 4511.191, or 4511.196 of the Revised Code or section 4510.07 of the Revised Code due to a conviction for a violation of a municipal OVI ordinance or any ordinance prohibiting the operation of a motor vehicle while the driver's or commercial driver's license is under suspension for an OVI offense - 6 points
(7) A violation of division (A) of section 4511.19 of the Revised Code, any ordinance prohibiting the operation of a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, a drug of abuse, or a combination of them, or any ordinance substantially equivalent to division (A) of section 4511.19 of the Revised Code prohibiting the operation of a vehicle with a prohibited concentration of alcohol, a controlled substance, or a metabolite of a controlled substance in the whole blood, blood serum or plasma, breath, or urine - 6 points
(8) A violation of section 2913.03 of the Revised Code that does not involve an aircraft or motorboat or any ordinance prohibiting the operation of a vehicle without the consent of the owner - 6 points
(9) Any offense under the motor vehicle laws of this state that is a felony, or any other felony in the commission of which a motor vehicle was used - 6 points
(10) A violation of division (B) of section 4511.19 of the Revised Code or any ordinance substantially equivalent to that division prohibiting the operation of a vehicle with a prohibited concentration of alcohol in the whole blood, blood serum or plasma, breath, or urine - 4 points
(11) A violation of section 4511.20 of the Revised Code or any ordinance prohibiting the operation of a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property - 4 points
(12) A violation of any law or ordinance pertaining to speed: (a) Notwithstanding divisions (C)(12)(b) and (c) of this section, when the speed exceeds the lawful speed limit by thirty miles per hour or more - 4 points
(b) When the speed exceeds the lawful speed limit of fifty-five miles per hour or more by more than ten miles per hour - 2 points
(c) When the speed exceeds the lawful speed limit of less than fifty-five miles per hour by more than five miles per hour - 2 points
(d) When the speed does not exceed the amounts set forth in divisions (C)(12)(a), (b), or (c) of this section - 0 points
(13) Operating a motor vehicle in violation of a restriction imposed by the registrar - 2 points
(14) A violation of section 4510.11, 4510.111, 4510.16, or 4510.21 of the Revised Code or any ordinance prohibiting the operation of a motor vehicle while the driver's or commercial driver's license is under suspension - 2 points
(15) With the exception of violations under section 4510.12 of the Revised Code where no points shall be assessed, all other moving violations reported under this section - 2 points
Zip Codes in Camden, Ohio: 44090, 44074, 44049, 44889