Limited Clients. Proven Results.
Stiefvater Law, LLC limits the number of clients to ensure that each speeding ticket case we accept gets the attention it requires. We believe that the defense of speeding tickets requires attention and care to the specific facts and circumstances. By limiting the number of clients whose cases we take, we have achieved results that lead to referrals from both former clients as well as other law firms. Talk to a Avon Speeding Ticket Lawyer today.
Results Driven Avon Speeding Ticket Defense Lawyers
Do you need to avoid the points associated with your speeding ticket? In Avon, Ohio, most speeding tickets result in anywhere from 2 to 6 points on your driving record. Auto insurance companies will increase your premium based on the number of points on your driving record. If you get 12 points the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles will suspend your license.
The Speeding Ticket Defense Lawyers at Stiefvater Law will fight your case. You can avoid points and keep your driving record clean. Call now for a free consultation.
Speeding Ticket Points in Avon, Ohio
Clients call us to avoid points on their driving record. Points are added to your record depending on the specific circumstances of the offense. For example, if you get a speeding ticket and are convicted for speeding:
30 MPH or more over the posted speed limit, a conviction will result in 4 points on your driving record.
Contact a Speeding Ticket Defense Lawyer in Avon today to discuss the possible penalties associated with your speeding ticket.
Avon Speeding Ticket Penalties
Conviction of a speeding ticket typically results in a fine and points being added to the offender's driving record. It should be noted that many cities have their own local laws that increase minor speeding tickets to a more serious offense with more serious consequences.
Under the Ohio Revised Code, a typical speeding ticket is a minor misdemeanor. A conviction of a minor misdemeanor can result in a fine and points on your driving record. There is no possibility for jail. Under many local codes, the penalties for the same offense are elevated to a higher degree misdemeanor. These speeding tickets can result in higher fines and even a jail sentence or probation!
Beware of Increased Speeding Ticket Penalties
A typical speeding ticket under state law is a minor misdemeanor. A state code minor misdemeanor has a maximum fine of $150 and no possibility of jail. The local codes that label the same speeding offense as a higher misdemeanor carry more severe penalties, including the possibility of jail. For Example:
Fourth Degree Misdemeanor
Fine up to $250 and a jail sentence up to 30 days.
Call the Speeding Ticket Lawyers at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Speeding Ticket Attorneys in Avon, Ohio, 44011.
The State of Ohio has established laws regulating the operation of vehicles. The following excerpt is from the Ohio Revised Code Chapter 4511:
It is prima-facie lawful, in the absence of a lower limit declared or established pursuant to this section by the director of transportation or local authorities, for the operator of a motor vehicle, trackless trolley, or streetcar to operate the same at a speed not exceeding the following:
(2) Twenty-five miles per hour in all other portions of a municipal corporation, except on state routes outside business districts, through highways outside business districts, and alleys;
(3) Thirty-five miles per hour on all state routes or through highways within municipal corporations outside business districts, except as provided in divisions (B)(4) and (6) of this section;
(4) Fifty miles per hour on controlled-access highways and expressways within municipal corporations;
(5) Fifty-five miles per hour on highways outside municipal corporations, other than highways within island jurisdictions as provided in division (B)(8) of this section, highways as provided in divisions (B)(9) and (10) of this section, and highways, expressways, and freeways as provided in divisions (B)(13), (14), (15), and (17) of this section;
(6) Fifty miles per hour on state routes within municipal corporations outside urban districts unless a lower prima-facie speed is established as further provided in this section;
(7) Fifteen miles per hour on all alleys within the municipal corporation;
(8) Thirty-five miles per hour on highways outside municipal corporations that are within an island jurisdiction;
(9) Thirty-five miles per hour on through highways, except state routes, that are outside municipal corporations and that are within a national park with boundaries extending through two or more counties;
(10) Sixty miles per hour on two-lane state routes outside municipal corporations as established by the director under division (H)(2) of this section;
(11) Fifty-five miles per hour at all times on freeways with paved shoulders inside municipal corporations, other than freeways as provided in divisions (B)(15) and (17) of this section;
(12) Fifty-five miles per hour at all times on freeways outside municipal corporations, other than freeways as provided in divisions (B)(15) and (17) of this section;
(13) Sixty miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle at all times on all portions of rural divided highways;
(14) Sixty-five miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle at all times on all rural expressways without traffic control signals;
(15) Seventy miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle at all times on all rural freeways;
(16) Fifty-five miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle at all times on all portions of freeways in congested areas as determined by the director and that are part of the interstate system and are located within a municipal corporation or within an interstate freeway outerbelt;
(17) Sixty-five miles per hour for operators of any motor vehicle at all times on all portions of freeways in urban areas as determined by the director and that are part of the interstate system and are part of an interstate freeway outerbelt.
Cities in Lorain County: Sheffield (Township), Wellington, Wellington (Township), South Amherst, Sheffield Lake
Zip Codes in Avon, Ohio: 44011