Limited Clients. Proven Results.
You absolutely need a win. If you or someone you know is in need for a Sex Crime Defense Law Firm, then pick up the phone and contact the Lowellville Sex Crime Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law, LLC. We limit the number of clients we represent so we can focus on your defense and achieving the necessary results. We successfully defend individuals who are under investigation for or have been charged with a sex crime. Let us tell your side of the story.
Sex Crimes have severe consequences. Even before a conviction, the penalties are severe. Families are disrupted or destroyed, and jobs can be lost. Conviction will often result in prison sentences and sex offender registration. Contact the Sex Crime Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to discuss the investigation or charges that have been brough against you. We can help. Let's talk.
Sex Crimes and Punishments
There are many different crimes that are considered sex crimes. Our Sex Crime Defense Lawyers are experienced in defending all sex crimes. These include:
Social Media Sex Crimes
Internet Sex Crimes
Title IX Actions
There are varying degrees of different sex crimes. Most sex crime charges range from first degree felony (F1) to third degree misdemeanor (M3).
Besides the potential prison sentence, conviction of a sex crime will require mandatory Sex Offender Registration. There are three tiers of Sex Offender Registration. Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III.
For example, if you are convicted of an offense that requires:
Tier II Sex Offender Registration
Individuals in Tier II must register every 180 days for 25 years.
Contact a Sex Crime Defense Attorney in Lowellville today to understand the penalties you are facing and to find out what we can do for you.
The Sex Crime Attorneys at Stiefvater Law, LLC will develop an effective team of Sex Crime Defense Attorneys and experts to aid your defense. If you are under investigation for a sex crime or have been charged – DO NOT provide a statement to law enforcement. Law enforcement is not on your side. These cases are often lacking in physical evidence. We will stand strong with you throughout the process and effectively tell your side of the story. Let’s talk.
The potential prison sentence and fine depends on the degree of the offense for which you have been convicted. If you are convicted of a sex offense, besides registering as a sex offender, if you are convicted of a:
First degree Misdemeanor then you face a maximum fine of $1000 and a jail sentence up to 180 days.
First degree Felony then you face a maximum fine of $20,000 and prison up to and including life.
There are specifications under Ohio and Federal law that will enhance the possible penalties and create mandatory prison sentences and additional time to be served.
Call the Lowellville Sex Crime Lawyers at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Sex Crime Attorneys in Lowellville, Ohio, 44436.
Below is an excerpt of a sex crime and definition as created in the Ohio Revised Code:
As used in sections 2907.01 to 2907.38 and 2917.211 of the Revised Code:
(A) "Sexual conduct" means vaginal intercourse between a male and female; anal intercourse, fellatio, and cunnilingus between persons regardless of sex; and, without privilege to do so, the insertion, however slight, of any part of the body or any instrument, apparatus, or other object into the vaginal or anal opening of another. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete vaginal or anal intercourse.
(B) "Sexual contact" means any touching of an erogenous zone of another, including without limitation the thigh, genitals, buttock, pubic region, or, if the person is a female, a breast, for the purpose of sexually arousing or gratifying either person.
(C) "Sexual activity" means sexual conduct or sexual contact, or both.
(D) "Prostitute" means a male or female who promiscuously engages in sexual activity for hire, regardless of whether the hire is paid to the prostitute or to another.
(E) "Harmful to juveniles" means that quality of any material or performance describing or representing nudity, sexual conduct, sexual excitement, or sado-masochistic abuse in any form to which all of the following apply:
(1) The material or performance, when considered as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest of juveniles in sex.
(2) The material or performance is patently offensive to prevailing standards in the adult community as a whole with respect to what is suitable for juveniles.
(3) The material or performance, when considered as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, and scientific value for juveniles.
(F) When considered as a whole, and judged with reference to ordinary adults or, if it is designed for sexual deviates or other specially susceptible group, judged with reference to that group, any material or performance is "obscene" if any of the following apply:
(1) Its dominant appeal is to prurient interest;
(2) Its dominant tendency is to arouse lust by displaying or depicting sexual activity, masturbation, sexual excitement, or nudity in a way that tends to represent human beings as mere objects of sexual appetite;
(3) Its dominant tendency is to arouse lust by displaying or depicting bestiality or extreme or bizarre violence, cruelty, or brutality;
(4) Its dominant tendency is to appeal to scatological interest by displaying or depicting human bodily functions of elimination in a way that inspires disgust or revulsion in persons with ordinary sensibilities, without serving any genuine scientific, educational, sociological, moral, or artistic purpose;
(5) It contains a series of displays or descriptions of sexual activity, masturbation, sexual excitement, nudity, bestiality, extreme or bizarre violence, cruelty, or brutality, or human bodily functions of elimination, the cumulative effect of which is a dominant tendency to appeal to prurient or scatological interest, when the appeal to such an interest is primarily for its own sake or for commercial exploitation, rather than primarily for a genuine scientific, educational, sociological, moral, or artistic purpose.
(G) "Sexual excitement" means the condition of human male or female genitals when in a state of sexual stimulation or arousal.
(H) "Nudity" means the showing, representation, or depiction of human male or female genitals, pubic area, or buttocks with less than a full, opaque covering, or of a female breast with less than a full, opaque covering of any portion thereof below the top of the nipple, or of covered male genitals in a discernibly turgid state.
(I) "Juvenile" means an unmarried person under the age of eighteen.
(J) "Material" means any book, magazine, newspaper, pamphlet, poster, print, picture, figure, image, description, motion picture film, phonographic record, or tape, or other tangible thing capable of arousing interest through sight, sound, or touch and includes an image or text appearing on a computer monitor, television screen, liquid crystal display, or similar display device or an image or text recorded on a computer hard disk, computer floppy disk, compact disk, magnetic tape, or similar data storage device.
(K) "Performance" means any motion picture, preview, trailer, play, show, skit, dance, or other exhibition performed before an audience.
(L) "Spouse" means a person married to an offender at the time of an alleged offense, except that such person shall not be considered the spouse when any of the following apply:
(1) When the parties have entered into a written separation agreement authorized by section 3103.06 of the Revised Code;
(2) During the pendency of an action between the parties for annulment, divorce, dissolution of marriage, or legal separation;
(3) In the case of an action for legal separation, after the effective date of the judgment for legal separation.
(M) "Minor" means a person under the age of eighteen.
(N) "Mental health client or patient" has the same meaning as in section 2305.51 of the Revised Code.
(O) "Mental health professional" has the same meaning as in section 2305.115 of the Revised Code.
(P) "Sado-masochistic abuse" means flagellation or torture by or upon a person or the condition of being fettered, bound, or otherwise physically restrained.
Zip Codes in Lowellville, Ohio: 44436