Limited Clients. Proven Results.
You absolutely need a win. If you or someone you know is in need for a Sex Crime Defense Law Firm, then pick up the phone and contact the Greentown Sex Crime Defense Lawyers at Stiefvater Law, LLC. We limit the number of clients we represent so we can focus on your defense and achieving the necessary results. We successfully defend individuals who are under investigation for or have been charged with a sex crime. Let us tell your side of the story.
Few if any crimes have more severe penalties than sex crimes. Just being charged with a sex crime in Greentown has serious consequences. Careers are lost and families are destroyed. Sex Crime conviction results in sex offender registration and prison time. Contact the Sex Crime Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to discuss your defense. We can help. Let's talk.
Sex Crimes and Punishments
Many crimes are considered Sex Crimes. Our Sex Crime Lawyers in Greentown, Ohio, are experienced in defending all sex crimes. These include:
Title IX Actions
Social Media Sex Crimes
Internet Sex Crimes
There are different degrees of different sex crimes. Sex crime charges can be misdemeanors or felonies.
Besides a lengthy prison sentence, conviction of a sex crime requires mandatory Sex Offender Registration. There are three tiers of Sex Offender Registration. Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III.
For example, if you are convicted of an offense that requires:
Tier II Sex Offender Registration
Individuals in Tier II must register every 180 days for 25 years.
Contact a Sex Crime Lawyer in Greentown today to understand the penalties you are facing and to find out what we can do for you.
The Greentown Sex Crime Lawyers at Stiefvater Law, LLC will create a defense team of Sex Crime Defense Lawyers and experts to fight your charges. DO NOT provide a statement to law enforcement. Law enforcement is trying to obtain convictions. These cases are often lacking in physical evidence. You need a Sex Crime Attorney will stand strong with you throughout the process and effectively tell your side of the story. Let’s talk.
The potential prison sentence and fine depends on the degree of the offense for which you have been convicted. If you are convicted of a sex offense, besides registering as a sex offender, if you are convicted of a:
Second degree Misdemeanor then you face a maximum fine of $750 and a jail sentence up to 90 days.
Second degree Felony then you face a maximum fine of $15,000 and prison up to 8 years.
Specifications under Ohio and Federal law can enhance the possible penalties and create mandatory prison sentences and additional time to be served.
Call the Greentown Sex Crime Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Sex Crime Defense Lawyers in Greentown, Ohio, 44630.
The Ohio Revised Code prescribes the law and definitions for various sex crimes – for example:
(A) No person, with purpose to solicit another to engage in sexual activity for hire and while in or near a public place, shall do any of the following:
(1) Beckon to, stop, or attempt to stop another;
(2) Engage or attempt to engage another in conversation;
(3) Stop or attempt to stop the operator of a vehicle or approach a stationary vehicle;
(4) If the offender is the operator of or a passenger in a vehicle, stop, attempt to stop, beckon to, attempt to beckon to, or entice another to approach or enter the vehicle of which the offender is the operator or in which the offender is the passenger;
(5) Interfere with the free passage of another.
(B) No person, with knowledge that the person has tested positive as a carrier of a virus that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, shall engage in conduct in violation of division (A) of this section.
(C) As used in this section:
(1) "Vehicle" has the same meaning as in section 4501.01 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Public place" means any of the following:
(a) A street, road, highway, thoroughfare, bikeway, walkway, sidewalk, bridge, alley, alleyway, plaza, park, driveway, parking lot, or transportation facility;
(b) A doorway or entrance way to a building that fronts on a place described in division (C)(2)(a) of this section;
(c) A place not described in division (C)(2)(a) or (b) of this section that is open to the public.
(D) (1) Whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of loitering to engage in solicitation, a misdemeanor of the third degree.
(2) Whoever violates division (B) of this section is guilty of loitering to engage in solicitation after a positive HIV test. If the offender commits the violation prior to July 1, 1996, loitering to engage in solicitation after a positive HIV test is a felony of the fourth degree. If the offender commits the violation on or after July 1, 1996, loitering to engage in solicitation after a positive HIV test is a felony of the fifth degree.
Cities in Stark County: Canal Fulton, Brewster, Beach City, Bethlehem, Canton
Zip Codes in Greentown, Ohio: 44630, 44685, 44720