Limited Clients. Proven Results.
You absolutely need a win. If you are searching for a Sex Crime Defense Law Firm then you or someone you love is facing serious charges. Call the Boston Heights Sex Crime Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to discuss your case. At Stiefvater Law, LLC, we limit the number of clients we represent at any given time. This serves our clients well by enabling us to devote the necessary amount of time to defend the serious and often false allegations that have led to an investigation or criminal charges. Let us tell your side of the story.
Sex Crimes have severe consequences. Even before a conviction, the penalties are severe. Families are disrupted or destroyed, and jobs can be lost. Conviction will often result in prison sentences and sex offender registration. Contact the Sex Crime Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to discuss the investigation or charges that have been brough against you. We can help. Let's talk.
Sex Crimes and Punishments
There are many different crimes that are considered sex crimes. Our Sex Crime Defense Lawyers are experienced in defending all sex crimes. These include:
Social Media Sex Crimes
Internet Sex Crimes
Title IX Actions
There are varying degrees of different sex crimes. Most sex crime charges range from first degree felony (F1) to third degree misdemeanor (M3).
Besides the potential prison sentence, conviction of a sex crime will require mandatory Sex Offender Registration. There are three tiers of Sex Offender Registration. Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III.
For example, if you are convicted of an offense that requires:
Tier I Sex Offender Registration
Juveniles in Tier I will need to register every year for a 10 years, but adults will need to register once a year for 15 years.
Contact a Sex Crime Lawyer in Boston Heights today to understand the penalties you are facing and to find out what we can do for you.
The Sex Crime Attorneys at Stiefvater Law, LLC will develop an effective team of Sex Crime Defense Attorneys and experts to aid your defense. If you are under investigation for a sex crime or have been charged – DO NOT provide a statement to law enforcement. Law enforcement is not on your side. These cases are often lacking in physical evidence. We will stand strong with you throughout the process and effectively tell your side of the story. Let’s talk.
The potential prison sentence and fine depends on the degree of the offense for which you have been convicted. If you are convicted of a sex offense, besides registering as a sex offender, if you are convicted of a:
Second degree Misdemeanor then you face a maximum fine of $750 and a jail sentence up to 90 days.
Second degree Felony then you face a maximum fine of $15,000 and prison up to 8 years.
There are specifications under Ohio and Federal law that will enhance the possible penalties and create mandatory prison sentences and additional time to be served.
Call the Boston Heights Sex Crime Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Sex Crime Lawyers in Boston Heights, Ohio, 44236.
Below is an excerpt of a sex crime and definition as created in the Ohio Revised Code:
(A) No person, with purpose to solicit another to engage in sexual activity for hire and while in or near a public place, shall do any of the following:
(1) Beckon to, stop, or attempt to stop another;
(2) Engage or attempt to engage another in conversation;
(3) Stop or attempt to stop the operator of a vehicle or approach a stationary vehicle;
(4) If the offender is the operator of or a passenger in a vehicle, stop, attempt to stop, beckon to, attempt to beckon to, or entice another to approach or enter the vehicle of which the offender is the operator or in which the offender is the passenger;
(5) Interfere with the free passage of another.
(B) No person, with knowledge that the person has tested positive as a carrier of a virus that causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, shall engage in conduct in violation of division (A) of this section.
(C) As used in this section:
(1) "Vehicle" has the same meaning as in section 4501.01 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Public place" means any of the following:
(a) A street, road, highway, thoroughfare, bikeway, walkway, sidewalk, bridge, alley, alleyway, plaza, park, driveway, parking lot, or transportation facility;
(b) A doorway or entrance way to a building that fronts on a place described in division (C)(2)(a) of this section;
(c) A place not described in division (C)(2)(a) or (b) of this section that is open to the public.
(D) (1) Whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of loitering to engage in solicitation, a misdemeanor of the third degree.
(2) Whoever violates division (B) of this section is guilty of loitering to engage in solicitation after a positive HIV test. If the offender commits the violation prior to July 1, 1996, loitering to engage in solicitation after a positive HIV test is a felony of the fourth degree. If the offender commits the violation on or after July 1, 1996, loitering to engage in solicitation after a positive HIV test is a felony of the fifth degree.
Cities in Summit County: Boston, Clinton, Akron, Barberton, Bath
Zip Codes in Boston Heights, Ohio: 44264, 44236