Limited Clients. Proven Results.
The Canaan Shoplifting Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law have a reputation for getting results. If you have been charged with shoplifting in Canaan, Ohio then call the go-to Shoplifting Defense Law Firm today. Prevent your shoplifting charge from destroying your future. Stiefvater Law limits the number of clients we represent in order to deliver our full resources to the defense of your case. If you have been charged with shoplifting then you need a Shoplifting Defense Lawyer with a proven track record. Call now.
Conviction for shoplifting can result in jail and fines. A conviction can likewise result in loss of job and or professional license. Canaan Shoplifting Defense Lawyer Robert Stiefvater has been defending individuals for over 15 years. Put the experience of our Shoplifting Defense Law Firm to work for you. Our clients often contact us thinking there is little to no hope of getting around a shoplifting charge. We love to prove our clients wrong – depending on the facts and circumstances we can often get these charges dismissed or reduced. Initial consultation is always free.
There are a lot of grey areas in the law. There are a lot of “what if’s” and “sometimes” – sometimes the wrong person is identified as a shoplifter. Sometimes an item may not be scanned at a register even though you believe it has. Let the Shoplifting Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law put forth your strongest defense. We will tell your side of the story. Let’s talk.
Shoplifting is a theft offense. In Ohio, theft is committed in five different ways. For example:
No person, with purpose to deprive the owner of property or services, shall knowingly obtain or exert control over either the property or services in any of the following ways:
Without the consent of the owner or person authorized to give consent.
If you have been charged with shoplifting, then you could be facing misdemeanor or felony charges. The level of the charge depends largely upon the value of the goods, who the goods were allegedly shoplifted from, and what the goods were. Some possible penalties for a shoplifting conviction are as follows:
Second Degree Misdemeanor (M2) – 0-90 days in jail. Fine up to $750.
First Degree Misdemeanor (M1) – 0-180 days in jail. Fine up to $1,000.
Get a free consultation with the go to Shoplifting Attorneys in Canaan today.
Call the Canaan Shoplifting Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Shoplifting Lawyers in Canaan, Ohio, 44217.
Chapter 2913.02 of the Ohio Revised Code is Ohio’s shoplifting statute. The following is part of the statute:
(5) If the property stolen is a motor vehicle, a violation of this section is grand theft of a motor vehicle, a felony of the fourth degree.
(6) If the property stolen is any dangerous drug, a violation of this section is theft of drugs, a felony of the fourth degree, or, if the offender previously has been convicted of a felony drug abuse offense, a felony of the third degree.
(7) If the property stolen is a police dog or horse or an assistance dog and the offender knows or should know that the property stolen is a police dog or horse or an assistance dog, a violation of this section is theft of a police dog or horse or an assistance dog, a felony of the third degree.
(8) If the property stolen is anhydrous ammonia, a violation of this section is theft of anhydrous ammonia, a felony of the third degree.
(9) Except as provided in division (B)(2) of this section with respect to property with a value of seven thousand five hundred dollars or more and division (B)(3) of this section with respect to property with a value of one thousand dollars or more, if the property stolen is a special purpose article as defined in section 4737.04 of the Revised Code or is a bulk merchandise container as defined in section 4737.012 of the Revised Code, a violation of this section is theft of a special purpose article or articles or theft of a bulk merchandise container or containers, a felony of the fifth degree.
Zip Codes in Canaan, Ohio: 44217