Limited Clients. Proven Results.
The Beaver Shoplifting Attorneys at Stiefvater Law have a reputation for getting results. If you have been charged with shoplifting in Beaver, Ohio then call the go-to Shoplifting Defense Law Firm today. Prevent your shoplifting charge from destroying your future. Stiefvater Law limits the number of clients we represent in order to deliver our full resources to the defense of your case. If you have been charged with shoplifting then you need a Shoplifting Lawyer with a proven track record. Call now.
Conviction for shoplifting can result in jail and fines. A conviction can likewise result in loss of job and or professional license. Beaver Shoplifting Defense Attorney Robert Stiefvater has been defending individuals for over 15 years. Put the experience of our Shoplifting Law Firm to work for you. Our clients often contact us thinking there is little to no hope of getting around a shoplifting charge. We love to prove our clients wrong – depending on the facts and circumstances we can often get these charges dismissed or reduced. Initial consultation is always free.
There are a lot of grey areas in the law. There are a lot of “what if’s” and “sometimes” – sometimes the wrong person is identified as a shoplifter. Sometimes an item may not be scanned at a register even though you believe it has. Let the Shoplifting Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law put forth your strongest defense. We will tell your side of the story. Let’s talk.
Shoplifting is a theft offense. In Ohio, theft is committed many different ways. For example:
No person, with purpose to deprive the owner of property or services, shall knowingly obtain or exert control over either the property or services in any of the following ways:
Depending upon what was allegedly shoplifted, who the goods were shoplifted from, and the value of the shoplifted goods, shoplifting can be a misdemeanor or a felony. The range of penalties depends on the facts and circumstances but may be as follows:
Fifth Degree Felony (F5) – up to 12 months in prison. Fine up to $2,500.
Fourth Degree Felony (F4) – up to 18 months in prison. Fine up to $5,000.
Third Degree Felony (F3) – up to 5 years in prison. Fine up to $10,000.
Second Degree Felony (F2) – up to 8 years in prison. Fine up to $15,000.
Get a free consultation with the go to Shoplifting Defense Attorneys in Beaver today.
Call the Beaver Shoplifting Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Shoplifting Attorneys in Beaver, Ohio, 44406.
Chapter 2913.02 of the Ohio Revised Code is Ohio’s shoplifting statute. The following is part of the statute:
(5) If the property stolen is a motor vehicle, a violation of this section is grand theft of a motor vehicle, a felony of the fourth degree.
(6) If the property stolen is any dangerous drug, a violation of this section is theft of drugs, a felony of the fourth degree, or, if the offender previously has been convicted of a felony drug abuse offense, a felony of the third degree.
(7) If the property stolen is a police dog or horse or an assistance dog and the offender knows or should know that the property stolen is a police dog or horse or an assistance dog, a violation of this section is theft of a police dog or horse or an assistance dog, a felony of the third degree.
(8) If the property stolen is anhydrous ammonia, a violation of this section is theft of anhydrous ammonia, a felony of the third degree.
(9) Except as provided in division (B)(2) of this section with respect to property with a value of seven thousand five hundred dollars or more and division (B)(3) of this section with respect to property with a value of one thousand dollars or more, if the property stolen is a special purpose article as defined in section 4737.04 of the Revised Code or is a bulk merchandise container as defined in section 4737.012 of the Revised Code, a violation of this section is theft of a special purpose article or articles or theft of a bulk merchandise container or containers, a felony of the fifth degree.
Zip Codes in Beaver, Ohio: 44443, 44408, 44452, 44460, 44514, 44406