Limited Clients. Proven Results.
Charged with Shoplifting? Our Shoplifting Defense Law Firm in Austintown (Township), Ohio will defend your rights. A shoplifting conviction can have serious impact on your future. Don’t let this happen to you. Our experienced Shoplifting Lawyers are known for getting great results with shoplifting cases. Often we can get charges dismissed, even if there is a written confession and video evidence. Each case has its own facts and circumstances. Stiefvater Law limits the number of clients we serve so we can dedicate all the necessary resources to defending your case. Protect your future. Call today for a free consultation.
A shoplifting charge can be beat. Don’t settle for a conviction – call the Austintown (Township) Shoplifting Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law and discuss your case. Depending on the facts and circumstances of your case, we can often resolve these cases with dismissals or greatly reduced charges. Do not let your record be blemished with a shoplifting conviction. The stakes are too high. Call now. We have been successfully representing individuals for over a decade. Put us to work for you and get results.
Many shoplifting cases are not clear cut. Even if you think the case is clear cut, we can show how unclear it actually is. There are a lot of what if’s and sometimes in the law. Our Austintown (Township) Shoplifting Defense Lawyers will put forth your strongest defense. Prosecutors know this about us. Show them that you won’t just roll over and accept a conviction. Let’s talk.
Shoplifting is a theft offense. In Ohio, theft defined five different ways. One example:
No person, with purpose to deprive the owner of property or services, shall knowingly obtain or exert control over either the property or services in any of the following ways:
Depending upon what was allegedly shoplifted, who the goods were shoplifted from, and the value of the shoplifted goods, shoplifting can be a misdemeanor or a felony. The range of penalties depends on the facts and circumstances but may be as follows:
Second Degree Misdemeanor (M2) – 0-90 days in jail. Fine up to $750.
First Degree Misdemeanor (M1) – 0-180 days in jail. Fine up to $1,000.
The consultation is always free. Discuss your case with the go to Shoplifting Defense Law Firm in Austintown (Township) today.
Call the Austintown (Township) Shoplifting Lawyers at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Shoplifting Lawyers in Austintown (Township), Ohio, 44406.
Ohio’s shoplifting laws are codified in ORC section 2913.02. This section states, in part:
(5) If the property stolen is a motor vehicle, a violation of this section is grand theft of a motor vehicle, a felony of the fourth degree.
(6) If the property stolen is any dangerous drug, a violation of this section is theft of drugs, a felony of the fourth degree, or, if the offender previously has been convicted of a felony drug abuse offense, a felony of the third degree.
(7) If the property stolen is a police dog or horse or an assistance dog and the offender knows or should know that the property stolen is a police dog or horse or an assistance dog, a violation of this section is theft of a police dog or horse or an assistance dog, a felony of the third degree.
(8) If the property stolen is anhydrous ammonia, a violation of this section is theft of anhydrous ammonia, a felony of the third degree.
(9) Except as provided in division (B)(2) of this section with respect to property with a value of seven thousand five hundred dollars or more and division (B)(3) of this section with respect to property with a value of one thousand dollars or more, if the property stolen is a special purpose article as defined in section 4737.04 of the Revised Code or is a bulk merchandise container as defined in section 4737.012 of the Revised Code, a violation of this section is theft of a special purpose article or articles or theft of a bulk merchandise container or containers, a felony of the fifth degree.
Zip Codes in Austintown (Township), Ohio: 44509, 44440, 44437, 44406, 44511, 44515