Limited Clients. Proven Results.
Our Ravenna Criminal Defense Attorneys limit the number of clients represented at any given time. By doing so, we can dedicate our full resources to the defense of your criminal case in Ravenna, Ohio. We answer your phone calls. We respond to your text messages. Your case is as important to us as it is to you. We stand up to the prosecution and get results. Any of our former clients will tell you. Just ask.
Robert Stiefvater formed his Criminal Defense Law Firm, Stiefvater Law, to break the barriers that too many traditional Criminal Defense Law Firms just cannot get around. Criminal Defense Lawyer Robert Stiefvater knows what it takes to defend individuals against criminal charges. His first legal job was with one of the largest prosecutor offices in Ohio. Robert saw first hand how difficult it is to defend criminal charges – no matter how serious – from the prosecution’s point of view. Stiefvater Law was formed to level the playing field and to protect individuals from becoming a victim of the system. The Ravenna Criminal Defense Lawyers at Stiefvater Law will defend you in any court in Ohio. We have experience. We get results. Let’s talk.
If you need a Criminal Defense Attorney in Ravenna or anywhere in Ohio, contact Criminal Defense Law Firm Stiefvater Law. Founding Criminal Defense Lawyer Robert Stiefvater understands that often the legal consequences of a conviction are matched by the non-legal consequences of a conviction. For example, loss of job, loss of a professional license, and destruction of a marriage. Our Ravenna Criminal Defense Attorneys will stand up for you and provide an aggressive defense. We know how to handle prosecutors. We know how to get results. Let’s talk.
The Ravenna Criminal Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law have been successfully defending individuals since 2009. They have defended almost every criminal charge imaginable. Including:
• Child Pornography
• Contempt of Court
• Drug Distribution
• Identity Theft
• Probation Violation
• Sexual Assault
• Tax Fraud
• Underage Consumption
Ravenna Criminal Defense Lawyer Robert Stiefvater will discuss the specifics of your case during your free consultation. In Ohio, criminal charges are classified as either felony or misdemeanor. Felonies carry the potential of longer prison sentences and larger fines than misdemeanors. Call to discuss your case with a Criminal Defense Lawyer.
Misdemeanor Penalties are as follows:
Minor Misdemeanor (MM) – 0 days in jail. Fine up to $150.
Fourth Degree Misdemeanor (M4) – 0-30 days in jail. Fine up to $250.
Third Degree Misdemeanor (M3) – 0-60 days in jail. Fine up to $500.
Second Degree Misdemeanor (M2) – 0-90 days in jail. Fine up to $750.
First Degree Misdemeanor (M1) – 0-180 days in jail. Fine up to $1,000.
We answer our phones 24/7. We know how to defend you. We know how to handle prosecutors. Let’s talk.
Call the Ravenna Criminal Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Criminal Defense Attorneys in Ravenna, Ohio, 44266.
The criminal code in Ohio is contained in Chapter 29 of the Ohio Revised Code (ORC). Here is an example from the ORC:
(A) No person, knowing that property is the proceeds of an act of terrorism or a monetary instrument given, received, or intended to be used in support of an act of terrorism, shall conduct or attempt to conduct any transaction involving that property or transport, transmit or transfer that monetary instrument with the intent to do any of the following:
(1) Commit or further the commission of criminal activity;
(2) Conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, ownership, or control of either the proceeds of an act of terrorism or a monetary instrument given, received, or intended to be used to support an act of terrorism;
(3) Conceal or disguise the intent to avoid a transaction reporting requirement under section 1315.53 of the Revised Code or federal law.
(B) (1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of money laundering in support of terrorism, which is a misdemeanor of the first degree, except as otherwise provided in this division.
(2) A violation of division (A) of this section is a felony of the fifth degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds one thousand dollars and is less than five thousand dollars.
(3) Money laundering in support of terrorism is a felony of the fourth degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds five thousand dollars and is less than twenty-five thousand dollars.
(4) Money laundering in support of terrorism is a felony of the third degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds twenty-five thousand dollars and is less than seventy-five thousand dollars.
(5) Money laundering in support of terrorism is a felony of the second degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds seventy-five thousand dollars.
Zip Codes in Ravenna, Ohio: 44266