Limited Clients. Proven Results.
Our Kent Criminal Defense Attorneys limit the number of clients represented at any given time. By doing so, we can dedicate our full resources to the defense of your criminal case in Kent, Ohio. We answer your phone calls. We respond to your text messages. Your case is as important to us as it is to you. We stand up to the prosecution and get results. Any of our former clients will tell you. Just ask.
Criminal Defense Attorney Robert Stiefvater formed Stiefvater Law to provide individuals a successful defense to criminal charges in Kent and throughout the State of Ohio. Robert once worked one of the largest prosecutor offices in Ohio. He saw first hand the struggles that Criminal Defense Attorneys and Defense Law Firms had when defending their clients. Many of these struggles would have been non-existent if they would have limited the number of clients they were representing. The system is set up to force convictions. The traditional Criminal Defense Law Firm is not the answer to fighting the system. We are different. We focus on you. We have experience. We get results. Let’s talk.
Kent Criminal Defense Lawyer Robert Stiefvater knows that every criminal charge is serious. Especially to the person who has been charged. Stiefvater Law was formed to defend individuals in Kent and throughout Ohio from overzealous prosecutors who only want convictions. There is no greater threat to our clients than a government entity that wants to put them in prison or take their money. Our Criminal Defense Lawyers will fight to protect you from the list of consequences that accompany a criminal conviction. We know how to handle prosecutors. Call a Criminal Defense Law Firm that will get you results. Let’s talk.
The Kent Criminal Defense Lawyers at Stiefvater Law have been successfully defending individuals since 2009. They have defended almost every criminal charge imaginable. Including:
• Child Pornography
• Contempt of Court
• Drug Distribution
• Identity Theft
• Probation Violation
• Sexual Assault
• Tax Fraud
• Underage Consumption
Kent Defense Law Firm Stiefvater Law will discuss the specifics of your case with you and advise you of the possible penalties that you face. Crimes are classified as misdemeanor or felony. Some crimes can be either a misdemeanor or a felony. It is critical that you understand the charges against you. We will explain them and answer any questions you have.
Below is an example of the penalties if you are convicted of:
Third Degree Felony (F3) – up to 5 years in prison. Fine up to $10,000.
Third Degree Misdemeanor (M3) – 0-60 days in jail. Fine up to $500.
Fourth Degree Felony (F4) – up to 18 months in prison. Fine up to $5,000.
Fourth Degree Misdemeanor (M4) – 0-30 days in jail. Fine up to $250.
Fifth Degree Felony (F5) – up to 12 months in prison. Fine up to $2,500.
Put your mind at ease. We know how to handle prosecutors. We know how to defend you. Our phones are answered 24/7. Let’s talk.
Call the Kent Criminal Defense Lawyers at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Criminal Defense Attorneys in Kent, Ohio, 44240.
Chapter 29 of the Ohio Revised Code proscribes the criminal laws in the State of Ohio. For example:
(A) No person, knowing that property is the proceeds of an act of terrorism or a monetary instrument given, received, or intended to be used in support of an act of terrorism, shall conduct or attempt to conduct any transaction involving that property or transport, transmit or transfer that monetary instrument with the intent to do any of the following:
(1) Commit or further the commission of criminal activity;
(2) Conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, ownership, or control of either the proceeds of an act of terrorism or a monetary instrument given, received, or intended to be used to support an act of terrorism;
(3) Conceal or disguise the intent to avoid a transaction reporting requirement under section 1315.53 of the Revised Code or federal law.
(B) (1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of money laundering in support of terrorism, which is a misdemeanor of the first degree, except as otherwise provided in this division.
(2) A violation of division (A) of this section is a felony of the fifth degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds one thousand dollars and is less than five thousand dollars.
(3) Money laundering in support of terrorism is a felony of the fourth degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds five thousand dollars and is less than twenty-five thousand dollars.
(4) Money laundering in support of terrorism is a felony of the third degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds twenty-five thousand dollars and is less than seventy-five thousand dollars.
(5) Money laundering in support of terrorism is a felony of the second degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds seventy-five thousand dollars.
Zip Codes in Kent, Ohio: 44243, 44240, 44242