Limited Clients. Proven Results.
Our Franklin Criminal Defense Lawyers limit the number of clients represented at any given time. By doing so, we can dedicate our full resources to the defense of your criminal case in Franklin, Ohio. We answer your phone calls. We respond to your text messages. Your case is as important to us as it is to you. We stand up to the prosecution and get results. Any of our former clients will tell you. Just ask.
Criminal Defense Attorney Robert Stiefvater formed Stiefvater Law to provide individuals a successful defense to criminal charges in Franklin and throughout the State of Ohio. Robert once worked one of the largest prosecutor offices in Ohio. He saw first hand the struggles that Criminal Defense Attorneys and Criminal Defense Law Firms had when defending their clients. Many of these struggles would have been non-existent if they would have limited the number of clients they were representing. The system is set up to force convictions. The traditional Defense Law Firm is not the answer to fighting the system. We are different. We focus on you. We have experience. We get results. Let’s talk.
Franklin Criminal Defense Attorney Robert Stiefvater knows that every criminal charge is serious. Especially to the person who has been charged. Stiefvater Law was formed to defend individuals in Franklin and throughout Ohio from overzealous prosecutors who only want convictions. There is no greater threat to our clients than a government entity that wants to put them in prison or take their money. Our Criminal Defense Attorneys will fight to protect you from the list of consequences that accompany a criminal conviction. We know how to handle prosecutors. Call a Criminal Defense Law Firm that will get you results. Let’s talk.
Franklin Criminal Defense Lawyer Robert Stiefvater has been successfully defending individuals since 2003. He has defended almost every criminal charge imaginable. Including:
• Aiding and Abetting
• Child Abuse
• Credit Card Fraud
• Criminal Tresspass
• Domestic Violence
• Drug Cultivation
• Tax Evasion
• Wire Fraud
Franklin Criminal Defense Lawyer Robert Stiefvater will discuss the specifics of your case during your free consultation. In Ohio, criminal charges are classified as either felony or misdemeanor. Felonies carry the potential of longer prison sentences and larger fines than misdemeanors. Call to discuss your case with a Criminal Defense Lawyer.
Felony Penalties are as follows:
Fifth Degree Felony (F5) – up to 12 months in prison. Fine up to $2,500.
Fourth Degree Felony (F4) – up to 18 months in prison. Fine up to $5,000.
Third Degree Felony (F3) – up to 5 years in prison. Fine up to $10,000.
Second Degree Felony (F2) – up to 8 years in prison. Fine up to $15,000.
First Degree Felony (F1) – up to life in prison. Fine up to $20,000.
Put your mind at ease. We know how to handle prosecutors. We know how to defend you. Our phones are answered 24/7. Let’s talk.
Call the Franklin Criminal Defense Attorneys at Stiefvater Law to find out if we are currently taking on new clients. We are the Criminal Defense Attorneys in Franklin, Ohio, 44224.
Chapter 29 of the Ohio Revised Code proscribes the criminal laws in the State of Ohio. For example:
(A) No person, knowing that property is the proceeds of an act of terrorism or a monetary instrument given, received, or intended to be used in support of an act of terrorism, shall conduct or attempt to conduct any transaction involving that property or transport, transmit or transfer that monetary instrument with the intent to do any of the following:
(1) Commit or further the commission of criminal activity;
(2) Conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, ownership, or control of either the proceeds of an act of terrorism or a monetary instrument given, received, or intended to be used to support an act of terrorism;
(3) Conceal or disguise the intent to avoid a transaction reporting requirement under section 1315.53 of the Revised Code or federal law.
(B) (1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of money laundering in support of terrorism, which is a misdemeanor of the first degree, except as otherwise provided in this division.
(2) A violation of division (A) of this section is a felony of the fifth degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds one thousand dollars and is less than five thousand dollars.
(3) Money laundering in support of terrorism is a felony of the fourth degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds five thousand dollars and is less than twenty-five thousand dollars.
(4) Money laundering in support of terrorism is a felony of the third degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds twenty-five thousand dollars and is less than seventy-five thousand dollars.
(5) Money laundering in support of terrorism is a felony of the second degree if the total value of the property or monetary instrument involved in the transaction equals or exceeds seventy-five thousand dollars.
Zip Codes in Franklin, Ohio: 44266, 44240, 44224